Fitting Your Child's Saddle
Our saddle is fully adjustable for the young rider and the pony. The panels, pommel, and cantle have earthquake Velcro, so you just pull them off and place them where you want them!
You can use any other manufacturers girths, stirrup leathers and stirrups with our saddle.
US Customers can purchase a dressage length girth via the Freedom Rider website HERE
How to Fit Your Saddle to Small Ponies
TOP TIP: Make sure saddle is warm as it is difficult to adjust when cold.
- Take the pommel and cantle off the saddle (by holding the roll, not pulling on the straps)
- Fit the base with the panels (or you can remove them) and seat still on.
- Girth up to the correct tension and so the base doesn’t slip.
- Once base is on, then fit the pommel and cantle onto the base. You can bend both, so they are shaped around your child’s knee.
- Then fit the straps into the D rings.
Once this has been done, you should be able to ungirth the saddle, leave the saddle made up and it should girth up snugly from then on.
Assembling your Inky Dinky
If you are overseas we may send your saddle flat packed in order to keep the cost of shipping down for the customer.
You can follow the instructions above, or you can CLICK HERE to watch the video.